Something Pink For My Farmhouse Kitchen

What is it about an old farmhouse table that tugs at my heart.

When I see it I hear it calling my name.

Please take me home.

030pinkdaisy

I have quite a few of these old tables.

But this is the first pink one.

014chippypinkwood1

Look at that old chippy paint.

The color is perfect.

Sort of reminds me of Annie Sloan Antoinette.

012Pinkfarmtable

I placed it in front of my old farmhouse door in my kitchen.

Just a sweet touch of pink.

017farmhousetablepink

An old bucket filled with dried hydrangeas from last fall.

They still hold there color.

032hydrangeaschippytable

Looks pretty with a few pink Daisy’s too!

034whitepitcherpaint

I like it with my daisy’s in my favorite old pitcher on top of an old chippy corbel.

044shabbypinkfrenchbottlerack

Yes I do like this too!But I think for now I will keep this pitcher on the mantle.

And keep that old bucket on this old farmhouse table.

013oldchippytable

I think for now this is the perfect match.

A little pink in the kitchen.

Did you notice those sweet wire hearts?

023whitewireheart

Two wire hearts made from wire.

They were free when I bought the table.

I think I will keep them out for awhile.

Valentines day is over.

But they are too sweet to put away.

Speaking of Valentines day if you read my facebook page you would have seen the surprise my husband gave my daughter and I.

My husband made a special card.

One to read together out loud.

001val1

002val2

003val4

004val5

005val6

006val6

At that point I think we both screamed!

One of our favorite family places to go.

It has been five years since we have been there.

My daughter has grown so much.

Before she is all grown up we wanted to take her back.

Now on to planning our trip.

Looking forward to making lots of wonderful family memories.

Thank you sweet husband you are the best!

Don’t want to miss a post? Why not subscribe by email. Just go to the link below.

Joining these parties:

From My Porch to Yours

Savvy Southern Style

Ivy And Elephants

Miss Mustard Seed

The Ironstone Nest

The Humble brag-The Better half

Comments

Ohhhhhh Anne this is so romantic and touched my heart. Your hubby is so sweet and what a beautiful surprise for you and your daughter. We go every May to Disney in Florida and it is so much fun to have my whole family together. It is fun now to have my granddaughter at 3 years old enjoying Disney too like my girls did when they were little. You are going to have so much fun. I love going there and I am a grown adult. It is such a fun happy place.

I also love the pink table. That is the sweetest find. I love the old bucket on it the best too. You find the best treasures. Have a great day.

• Anne says

Thank you Rosemary! That was quite a surprise!I had no idea nor did my daughter.Looking forward to this summer for sure!

I love your new “old” table!! I like how you’ve styled it too. It reminds me of the one that Chez Fifi has in her kitchen. Congrats on getting the gift to go to Disney World again too! I know you will have a great time.

• Anne says

Thank you Kelly! I was admiring this table for sometime.And finally I thought I MUST take it home already!I was furniture stalking LOL!
      Thank you that was a wonderful surprise from my husband! I did not see that comming!

Love your pink farmhouse table!! What a sweet Valentine gift from your hubby…how fun!! I haven’t been back to Disney World since I was 16 years old.
    hugs,
    Cindy

• Anne says

Thank you Cindy!
      Yes it was an amazing gift for us all.Looking forward to making lots of wonderful memories.
      I hope you can get back again soon.You are never too old to be a kid again!

Hi Anne: That little table is so pretty, I can’t believe you found it in that chippy state and in that particular color. It looks so good in your kitchen. Well, as I was reading down the cards I was thinking, what a sweetie, this is so cute and sweet, what a neat guy, then when I got to the last one, I bet I screamed louder than you did! What a thoughtful, fun and great gift. I’ve been to Disney Land but not Disney World Lucky you (sigh).. Happy Friday..Judy

i have a hard time finding chippy pink anything–this is so cute, anne! how charming is your husband?! cute way to give a wonderful trip:) enjoy!

• Anne says

Thank you Melinda!This was a fun find.Can you believe I passed this up a few times.I was not sure where to put it and finally decided I will find a spot LOL!
      Have a wonderful weekend!

Anne- What a beautiful, wonderful old chippy pink table. I just love it. Have fun at Disney World -it is one of my favorite places in the world to go. I was one of the first people in line the day it opened in Florida- xo Diana

• Anne says

Thank you Diana!
      You were how cool is that! My husband was there when it first opened too!He lived there at the time.

• Anne says

Thank you Shelia that was a cool find! LOVE the color too!
      Yes I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and daughter!

7. Amy says

What a beautiful pink table! It’s perfect in your kitchen with the drying rack and bucket full of hydrangeas. Wonderful!

Have fun at the happiest place on earth!!!!

I’ll say it again, your hubby is a real keeper! I hope you have have a wonderful time in Disney World. They’ve added so much, you are just going to love it! Almost as much as I love that sweet pink table! What a gorgeous vignette. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

• Anne says

Thank you June!I was so excited to find this!She actually has a really cool chair I am thinking about.Hmmmmm but where in the world to I put it that’s the problem!

9. Rondell says

Oh Anne, what a great Valentine’s Day your daughter and you had! What a great husband too!
    Love the pink table and how you have the old bucket on top!

• Anne says

Thank you Mary Alice!The problem is I find too many of these tables and chairs too and have a hard time figuring out where to put them in my home!

• Anne says

Thank you Deborah! I just found a cool vintage chippy chair today.Like I need another chippy chair LOL!But I have the perfect spot for it.Sharing soon!
      Yes he is a wonderful guy I am blessed.Can’t wait to go!

AHHHHH, so fun for you guys to go back to one of your favorite family spots!!! And I love that shade of pink … or is it the chippy paint … either way, it’s perfect!

Maybe you’ll have time for a Key West road trip while you’re in Florida?!?!

What a sweet and clever way for your hubby to surprise his two favorite girls!!

I’m loving the soft worn pink table against the chippy door for just a hint of color in your kitchen. It is the perfect pink!

• Anne says

Thank you Vickie!I love this table too.So glad I talked myself into bringing it home.
      Oh we cannot wait to go back to Disney.If it were not for the almost free airline tickets we would not be going!

12. JaneEllen says

Hi I”m new to your blog and decided to subscribe right away. Love your little pink farm table. Don’t think there are any in this neck of the woods, haven’t ever seen one anyway, anywhere. We don’t have that many antique stores here either. You must have a talent for finding farm tables if you manage to find them often, lucky. And that awesome chippy paint. Your tablescape is wonderful with bucket of hydrangeas, table.
    What is wrong with having hearts out for decorating all year? They’re such a sweet symbol of love and caring, nice to have out to remind us (if we need reminding). Look forward to visiting your blog often.

• Anne says

Thank you so much Jane!
      It has been pure luck to have found those pieces.I cam across a new antique dealer.She has lots of cool treasures.Going back today to see if she brought in anything new!