Should I or shouldn’t I?

Trying to decide whether I should paint my cabinets.
Yes or No?

• Pinterest
  • instagram
  • rss feed
  • Google+

Comments

Yup, I completely understand. My cabinets are 2 years old & I totally want to paint them, and the walls and the ceiling and the trim… Home Depot is offering that new Rustoleum paint your kitchen cabinets product that is under $100 and you don’t have to strip or sand your cabinets. I say GO FOR IT!! I am totally going to paint my cabinets – hopefully this year. After I finish painting every other surface in my house. Wonder if you can paint rugs??? lol
    xox

So far as decorating goes, do what makes YOU happy! Some people think wood is sacred ground. Though wood IS beautiful, so is a white painted kitchen! This is one time you can follow your bliss and do what YOU like without it affecting anyone outside your family. And your family wants you to be happy and enjoying your cozy kitchen. :)
    -Revi

I say go for it!! Every single one of your inspiration pictures has white cabinets, obviously this is what you want! Just make sure to blog about it all the way, so that we can follow along!

Paint them! They would look wonderful and it would make you happy! I love a white kitchen, and would love to paint mine, but they’re only 6 months old, very good quality, and since I’m not planning on keeping this house forever, I hesitate to paint them.

Anne, my cabinets were a dark color and I painted them white several years ago and have never regretted it. Then I went back and took the cabinet doors off of some of them. All my dishes are ironstone and they are now shown off. I love that look too. So go for it! :)

Paint those suckers! They will be fabulous! I’m like you, can’t decide whether to remove doors or not… still pondering that. They don’t really get that dirty, so i wouldn’t worry about that part…

Cindy

Now, I’m sure you know my answer…I would paint them in a minute…white cabinets are not too bad to keep clean…and I am not a clean freak, by any means:)…I would just make sure to use a very good quality paint…oil or the new hybrid oils they are making now…(my husband is a painting contractor so he knows all of the technical painting stuff-so you can email me if you have any questions)
    HTH
    Rene

I was facing the same dilemma – but I painted them and have not had a single regret. Even after a year, I still am in love with my white cabinets. Paint!!!