A Fresh Look for the New Year

Before I share some changes I have made I wanted to thank Kim from Savvy Southern Style for featuring this post HERE And Jocie from The Better Half: Humble Party for featuring this post HERE.
And Marian AKA Miss Mustard Seed for sharing this post HERE on her facebook page!Thank you all so much! I am so honored and I really appreciate being featured on your beautiful blogs and facebook too!

I know I said I was not going to take my Christmas decor down until after the holidays.But my fresh greens were no longer fresh.My Husband went back to work and my daughter was having a sleepover with a friend.So yesterday I decided I would start packing some things up.

Nothing ever goes back the way you had it before.Which is a good thing since I like to change things up a bit.Especially this time of the year.

I know we are no where near summer around here.A light dusting of snow still sits on the ground.But this is when you need to bring in a bit of color to your home.
One of the reasons I LOVE a white home is that you can add any color and change it anytime you want.

I decided to add a bit of turquoise to my kitchen.An old seltzer bottle found recently and some old blue ball jars are added to my old farm table in my kitchen.Although I don’t really like to frolic in the snow believe me you can ask my family! I love the way that sounds don’t you?
A warm candle sits on my vintage bread board with the soft fragrance of citrus in the air.I really love to burn candles this time of the year .This was recently shared by Karianne of Thistlewood Farm .

Added more blue jars to this vintage find.Not sure what it is for but I knew it would look perfect with my dried flowers.

Just for fun I decided to add this beautiful oil painting.When I saw this it put a smile on my face.I think you should always surround yourself with things that make you happy.And this does.

Yes it does have a gold frame.I don’t use much gold in my home.But it’s just enough for this area and gives it a bit of warmth.A little more of that greenish blue in the leaves really works with those bottles too!

I am planning on taking the rest of my Christmas decor down over the weekend.I am tweaking things here and there to freshen things up and I have some projects that are soon to get started.
What are you working on this weekend?
Funky Junk SNS
Twigg Studios
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Between Naps on the Porch
Coastal Charm
Cedar Hill Ranch Cow Girl Up
Elizabeth & co
Shades of Amber
Prinp Junktion: Primp your stuff
Knick of Time
From my front porch to yours
No Minimalist Here
The Brambleberry Cottage
The Vintage Farmhouse

Comments

Everything looks so fresh and pretty, Anne! I just love that rose painting.

I just took all the Christmas decorations down yesterday, and am working on freshening things up at home as well. I always enjoy doing that at the first of the year.

Hope you have a great weekend.
    Julie

Ooo I love the turquoise! Such pretty jars and the rose oil painting goes perfect above the cabinet perfect! This weekend we are staying put and watching movies…I might decide I want to move some furniture around..Oh boy!

The white with the pop of blue is so stunning. Luv it.
    I too took my Christmas decor down today. I was to keep it up until 12th night, but…. Every was gone today , and I felt motivated. Took me 7 hours , but it’s done. The garage is a MESS.Containers everywhere. But that Mr will put all the containers in the attic tomorrow.
    Winter decor is here.. so pretty.
    Cheers, Gee

Your changes looks so lovely Anne! Seeing all your beautiful whites, it makes me want to change things in my home. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

I love the touches of blue in your kitchen. It’s just enough. I love the new floral picture you got too. I think it’s perfect above your hutch. I think we all feel the need to warm up our spaces after the decorations come down. It just feels so bare.

Love the touches of blue. I so love that kitchen and dining area in your home. So bright and pretty. Love the way the light comes in that room too. It looks really great. It is so hard when the Christmas pretties come down and the blah is there but you have done a great job on this space. It looks so fresh and bright. Love it.

Love that painting, Anne! Your home looks so lovely. I just finished putting our Christmas stuff away yesterday. I saved the tree for last since it was the biggest job ~ first up, last down. : ) I actually can’t find a few of the things I put away. It’s a small place now, so they can’t have gone far. It will give me an opportunity to do something a little different anyway!

I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your post today, and more importantly your site. I do not have to time to comment as much as I’d like to on each days share. I read blogs in a reader and not on the site to comment. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us.
    I have been blogging for 4 years now and know how much dedication it takes. I wanted to share with you my new site. I think it is
    something you might enjoy. I work with my own photography and vintage scans. I also work in jewelry design, home decor and of course…. gardening.

Here is my new site for my Vintage Inspired Artwork…http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/

And my original site that focuses on my own photography and projects, Creative Country Mom… My home and gardening site, where I share tutorials, crafts, decor and lots of gardening ideas.

Many blessings….Brooke
    creativecountrymom@gmail.com

Congrats on all the features, Anne! Your home is looking very fresh with the cool blues you’ve added to your all-white decor. I love the selzer bottle and it’s on my list of things to find this year.

Hi Anne,
    We’re on the same page – I like to change things up instead of trying to put everything back like it was before. As always, your changes look great!
    -Revi

Everything looks so beautiful!! Oh, I love that drying rack. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent last week. I am so thrilled to have you!

I am so sorry I am just now visiting. Last week was one of those weeks. :) Have a wonderful weekend.

Kathy

I just love your cottage and your special touches. I am especially drooling over that blue antique seltzer bottle and I must find one. They are just so expensive. If I could find one under $80 I would be happy! way under lol