House Decorating Ideas For Fall
Fall is a time of warm colors, and cool nights. Although my home isn’t filled with rich warm colors, I work with what I have in my home. Here are a few fall house decorating ideas and tips that will help bring a little fall into your home without putting all of your everyday decor away.
Fall House Decorating Ideas
- Decorate you’re own pumpkins to add soft touches. You can see how I created that mosaic pumpkin photographed above HERE.
- Use real or faux flowers that have touches of fall. One of my favorite tips for house decorating ideas is using flowers from your garden. My favorite flowers this time of the year are my hydrangeas, especially this time of the year. They start to change color and have bits of green, and pink. If you have leaves from a tree or a shrub bring them in and mix them with your decor. You can also use faux flowers. Just add a bunch to a vase for a simple touch of fall.
- Boots, and scarves are part of my decor this time of the year. Why keep them locked up in a closet? Line them up next to the door. This is what I call fall eye candy. If you have a coat stand as I do, hang a cool jacket, or scarf from it. See my tote bag? It’s adorned with pink roses. I keep this out even when I’m not using it and it goes with fall or summer decor.
- I always add a centerpiece on my table. As you can see it’s pretty simple. I clipped off branches from my dogwood shrub from my garden. The soft yellows work with the pastels in my kitchen. The white pumpkin works better with this room.
- Here’s another simple way that I add fall touches, yet keep my soft pastel colors. I added this simple centerpiece with my white ironstone pitcher filled with roses. To the base of my pitcher I added this acorn wreath.
- This centerpiece below was is another example of how I mix in a little fall with my soft pastel colors.
- Simplicity is the key for me. As you can see I have layered pink mirrors and a frame next to this brown pitcher filled with my favorite this time of the year, my hydrangeas. Keep it simple, and use what you have and mix it in with your decor.
I hope that these house decorating ideas are helpful as you start decorating your home for fall.