Making Changes And A Pink Chair

I am continuing to make a few changes in my home while doing some early spring cleaning.I just recently found a pink chair and thought it would work perfectly with a pink chair that  I found a few years ago.

NEW

The colors are not an exact match ,but they are  very similar in color and style.

Just a soft touch of color for my kitchen.

Yes that bamboo mat is from Decor Steals.

I know you remember recently I changed my dining room around.

I removed the corner cabinet that was in my dining room and added it to my kitchen.

And since I was changing things around I decided to change my dish placement as well.

cabinet6

I decided to put my Georgian Homer Laughlin dish collection in my French Cabinet,and then add my white dish collection to my corner cabinet.

plates1

It’s hard to get a good shot with the reflection on the glass.

open cabinet

Okay I love my dish collection in this French  cabinet,however if I do use this set I will have to reset the cabinet because I will have nothing in here.

Oh well, I guess that is not really a problem I do have other dish sets.

But I have to watch it,yes I love collecting vintage dishes so if I am not careful they will multiply and I won’t have any room.

hutch3

Several years I ago I purged much of my dish collection.

It was indeed quite a collection,but I had no room for it.

I have really been good over these many years not to collect things unless I truly love them.

Another shot of my hutch,I had to move my pink chair for this photo.

Good thing you can’t see well in the glass reflection,because there is quite a mess going on in the kitchen.

Yes moving things around can really create a mess!

rosestable1

You can see that I just kept a little of my white collection of plates,bowls and things on display the rest is under the cabinet.

I do use my dishes every night,so I like having them close by.

sideshot

Here is a close up shot of my new pink chair.

chippychair2

I still need to seal this so it will not keep chipping,but I love it!

I think it looks great with my white farmhouse table too!

NEWCHAIR

Just for fun I shot these photos,I hope you are not getting tired of seeing photos of roses.

They are my favorite thing to photograph.

And I am in love with this beautiful bouquet.

The colors work perfectly with my chippy chair and that sweet lace towel I picked up last spring.

roses1

Isn’t it amazing how moving a few things around can give a room a whole new look and feel?

I will be sharing the other changes I made to my kitchen soon!

Nothing required painting just moving things around.

Tomorrow I am going out with my  sweet friend Kris from Junk Chic Cottage.

You should see her beautiful kitchen transformation!

You can see it HERE.

We will be visiting our sweet friend Janet from Lucky Junk!

Can’t wait to see her beautiful shop again,I know my day will be filled with fun and inspiration!

hearts at home_300x300

button

Comments

Your chairs are really sweet – love the soft pink color. I have seen Homer Laughlin dishes like yours on Etsy and now I may have to make a purchase – yours look so pretty!

Sweet pink chairs Anne. I have a dish collection problem. :D I have over 15 sets. Mostly vintage ones… I have out in an open cabinet in the kitchen at least 2 complete sets at all times. I trade them out every 4 to 6 weeks. In the course of a year, I have used all of the sets at least once. I also have a glass collection as well. All vintage . I know…

3. Linda says

love your home…..just seen a new product, new to me, made by Zinser, I believe, that is for sealing chipping, painted furniture….so you can save all that gorgeous chippyness…

What an incredibly beautiful post. It is full of eye candy everywhere. Your home is so light and inviting. I love the pink chair and the flowers add a romantic touch. But my favorite part of the post is the Homer Laughlin Eggshell Georgian vintage china. That is such a stunning and beautiful pattern. I have a set of this lovely china too which I display proudly in my dining room. In fact I used a few of its pieces on a vignette I posted this week. Please stop by for a look when you get the chance.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

Oh Anne, I think that is the most precious pink chair!! Love the color and its chippy goodness☺ I agree that roses are SO beautiful! Your home is amazing and gives a feeling of cozy comfort! Thanks.

Cute pink chairs. I love dishes too and it is hard to resist a new set.
    Have a lovely time with your friends. I have never stopped in at Lucky Junk so I’m going to hop over there now.
    Katie

Anne, I’m just living all of this to bits! I have that mat and from Decor Steals! I adore it! Looks beautiful in your space. LOVE Homer Laughlin dishes! The roses are perfect and the pink chairs charming – love it all!
    Kathy

I really do like your new pink chair! I like that it matches the other one. Your eating area looks so charming and cozy. I’m never tired of seeing your beautiful roses either.

9. liz says

I absolutely love your pink chairs – they look so lovely with your farm table! Your kitchen truly says “home” and it looks so cozy and welcoming, especially with the sunlight streaming in.

LOVE the soft pink color of your chair and the chippiness! So cute in your dining area! Your dish collection is so pretty in your cabinets too. I love old china! Have a great time with Kris! She’s such a great gal! Hugs, Leena