Vintage Wood Shutters

I have shared with you how I love the color pink but I only use it sparingly.

Lately I have been smitten with this color.

I am not sure if it is because spring is here.

DSC08343pinkrose

Now let me say I am not fond of all pinks.

There are some shades that speak to me.

They make my heart skip a beat faster.

DSC08328vintageshutter

Especially a vintage pink.

Its a bit faded and worn.

And when it is paired with white it is perfection!

Adorned with a chippy crackled paint from years gone by it is my very favorite shade of pink!

DSC08326chippyshabbypinkshutter

When I stumbled on this pair of vintage wood shutters I was not sure what do to.

Yes I fell head over heals for it but where would I put this new found treasure.

And then it hit me.

I have an open wall it is a square.

Looking in to my kitchen from my family room it was a bit boring.

Wish I had taken a before shot.

I thought I had one but sadly I don’t.

DSC08341pinkchippyshabbyshutters

I love the look of the added shutters.

Gives this boring square opening some interest.

And it looks like an open window.

I added those single stemmed flowers for interest too!

DSC08352rose

DSC08322vintagewhitepinkshutter

After I took this shot I decided I did not like that small window hanging.

At first I thought maybe I would get a bigger window.

But I decided to take it down first and see how it would look with out it.

And for now I think it does look better without the window hanging.

DSC08442shutters

Sometimes you need to live with something before making a decision.

And taking a photo of a new vignette or a change is good to do too!

Whenever I make a change I take a photo.

So many times I think something looks great until I take a photo.

As they say a photo is worth a thousand words……

I like how open it looks now.

If I get tired of the pink I can wash it with a bit of white to tone it down.

But right now I am in love with this color!

Visually it makes such an impact!

My newly found favorite salvage piece.

It is so nice to finally have an interesting statement piece on this wall.

Between naps on the porch

The Scoop

Savvy Southern Style

A stroll Thru Life

Pinterestinstagramrss feedfacebook
Google+emailtwitter

Comments

Fabulous set of vintage shutters!! They were made for that wall. You could even mount them with hinges so you could open and close them if you ever had a messy kitchen. Which I doubt. :)

2. Patty/BC says

What luck finding those shutters. My family home had a front door painted the same soft pink. It is so soft and vintage, I love it. My Mom’s bedroom was always painted a soft pink too. Love this shade of pink too.

Oh Anne! I just love, love, love those shutters… And, what a perfect spot for them. I think they were made for that spot. :-)

Have a great week…

Warmest blessings,
    Spencer

Hi Anne
    Wow I’m not a pink gal but these are fabulous. I love how you used them to compliment the pass through. They are just darling. Have a wonderful week

hugs
    Kate

Just beautiful Anne! Love the color and you’ve hung them in the perfect place! Hope you’ll pop over and share at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

They are perfect for the space Anne. Gosh…they look like they could have come off the same house the porch railing in my reading room came from! I love that kind of chippy too.
    hugs from here…

Hi Anne, Love, love, those shutters. What a beautiful shade of pink. It just finishes that space off perfectly..You are so clever..Happy Monday..Judy

Love the old shutter with all its chippy shabby goodness. Adore the space with the little window hanging but also like it without. Either way looks wonderful to me. Then again I have a thing for old windows. Visiting you from Met Monday, hope you come by for a visit too.

The shutters are gorgeous!!! They looks perfect in your space! I have a new weekly link party which is live now and I would love if you stop by and link up this wonderful post! Hope to see you there! http://mariaelenasdecor.blogspot.com/ Hugs, Maria

Your shutters are adorable. How I would love to find a pair. I love the idea of the appearance of a window when there is none. GREAT idea!!
    Also..the shade of pink you chose is precious. It is my favorite shade too. I even bought nail polish in that shade and I don’t usually wear it. I do now! :) Thanks for the inspiration. I came over from Marty’s INSPIRE ME party.

WOW, I LOVE the vintage pink shutters on the pass through! What a great idea… thanks for ‘passing it on…” I have a set of aqua ones and I’ve used them to cover up ugly cold air return vents (still lets the air through but definitely covers up the ugly!) Have a great day! Saw you at Savvy!

What a find and great use!
    I love the way you used them, they fit perfectly….
    come for a visit sometime,
    Nancy

Anne, this looks wonderful! You have the best ideas and always provide so much inspiration! You are on a roll with your features too! I’m so happy for you! Your roses are the perfect accent! Love every inch!