Country Rose Cottage

As I just shared with you we use linen napkins for everyday use.I thought I would share another of my favorite sets.These are not old but I fell in love with this pattern.

022rosenapkins

I just adore the rose pattern on these napkins.

Again we use these every day!

And I don’t iron who has time for that?

024vintageironstonepitcher

One of my favorite mini vintage crazed ironstone pitchers.I do love white ironstone.But I also love finding pieces that are stained ,crazed and cracked showing there true age.

027vintagerosesnapkins

Aren’t these pretty! I am so happy to hear many of you also enjoy using your pretty things.That is what they are meant for so enjoy them.

Today my daughter is off of school.We are sitting by the fire and crafting.I will share with you tomorrow what we are working on today.I will give you a hint.It has to do with Valentines day.

Comments

Hi Anne, Congratulations on your blog anniversary. No…we don’t use cloth napkins everyday but I do use them whenever we have company, even if it is just my homemade pizza. And like you, I pick up the vintage ones. I also use the old napkins to wrap gift food in and as bread basket liners. My favorites are the ones edged in hand crocheted lace and monogrammed. I don’t see them at antique shops as much as I used too. :) I found some French sheets at a yard sale this past summer and thought I had died and gone to heaven. They only fit a regular size bed so they are in the guest room. Wish they fit my bed. It’s fun searching and looking isn’t it? xo

• Anne says

Oh my gosh Lynn you are so lucky to have found those French sheets!I love the idea of using these to wrap food gifts like bread and cookies!

Hi Anne,
    Glad you stayed in today with it being so cold. I bet the valentines project with your daughter is cute. I can’t wait to see it. Stay warm.
    :) Kris

• Anne says

It was fun staying home and crafting.Tomorrow is going to be cold again.The only thing I need to do is drive her and pick her up from school.

Those floral napkins are so pretty. I bet you have a wonderful collection since you use them everyday. Sounds like the perfect day for crafting and sitting by a fire. I stayed in all day too. Having no school was nice.

• Anne says

Yes I have quite a collection.When ever I am out and see more I buy them up.They don’t last forever so I will always have replacements on hand.Yes it was a fun day staying home and crafting!

Anne, I love that print. I have started using my “good stuff’”, too. I don’t want to die with a bunch of stuff in boxes that has never been used- xo Diana

How perfect… That’s actually my resolution for 2013… to actually use some of the things I’ve saved for “special occasions”…. Love your pretties… :-)

Your rose napkins are so sweet. You reminded me that growing up my Mom always used cloth napkins. I think I did when we were first married, but somewhere along the line that went by the wayside.
    Mary Alice

• Anne says

Thank you Mary Alice!Oh you should get yours back out.You have so many beautiful things.I bet you have some tucked away.Take them out and use them :-)

• Anne says

Thank you Laurie! Those napkins were found at a thrift store.I don’t sew I wish I did.I would be making lots of pillows,napkins,table runners etc…

I love vintage linens too and Rachel Ashwell. I have actually seen her out and about at the flea markets lately. I wonder if she’s writing another book. I’m glad to see the pretty vintage linens are making a comeback. They add such beauty to any setting.

Hi Anne,
    You are so right about you gotta enjoy the pretty things, it would be so sad to just have them stashed away… And those napkins are some really pretty things, they are gorgeous!! Crafting in 0 degree weather sounds like the best way to do it!! Stay Warm….
    Hugs,
    Bella

• Anne says

Thank you Bella! The temperature is not going to be any better today.Just driving my daughter to school and running to the market.No thrift shopping for me today.