Linen Armoire Maison de Ferme

I have been working hard to finish up yet another room.This will be the last project for now that winter will be approaching.I will be painting some furniture pieces but I won’t be doing any rooms after this one.I am not ready to reveal the whole room just yet.
I am still working on a few things and this week I am busy getting ready for my daughters 13th birthday! I can hardly believe my baby is turning 13 where did those years go??
The room I have been working on is our bedroom.Our furniture is from the 90′s when pine was really in.I do love pine still.But the stain turned a bit to orange for me.It is amazing what a little paint will do!

For some reason I am having a bad time capturing the color of this.I hope I did a better job than my preview.Still learning how to use my camera.This is Miss Mustard seeds linen.The same paint I used on THIS   piece.
As you can see this piece is not as chippy as my table.But that is how milk paint works when you are not using a bonding agent.You never know what it will do and for me that is part of the fun!It just chipped in a few places.I sanded it lightly because I wanted it to have more aging than the milk paint was providing.You can still see some of the wood through this.I added three coats and sealed it with Miss Mustard seed wax.
I like seeing a bit of the wood through this.I think that is why it looks a little blue in some of the photos.

Those are the same roses from my French pitcher used in THIS photo. Found that metal zinc tote at my antique shop.I discovered you can write on this with chalk!

That little step stool was also painted with Linen.I will be sharing bits and pieces of this room before the total reveal.
Off to get busy preparing for our party!What are you all up today?
                                                   joining:
Miss Mustard Seed
The Better Half Humble brag party
Funky Junk
It’s so very Cheri
Twig studios
Setting for Four

Comments

1. Blondie's Journal says

It turned out beautiful! What a big job but well worth it. I have been curious about the milk paint, did you like working with it? How does it compare to chalk paint?

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Gather your strength for the teen years! lol!

XO,
    Jane

2. Scribbler says

This piece looks great. I have one of these that I won’t be needing much longer for a TV, want to repurpose it for linens. I have not yet tried the milk paint. Have you used the bonding agent? I am not a big fan of chippy.

3. Kelly says

I really love how that looks! The armoire in my family room was once pine and I painted over it years ago. Just last year it was painted grey. Best decision ever! I like how you were able to acheive an aged look with that paint. Instant distressing at work!

4. Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) says

Oh so very pretty. The distressing is so authentic looking around the knobs that I first thought it was original finish. Linen is a lovely colour. I am so tempted to Paint the storage armoire in our family room this color ( currently blue.)

5. Heather SettingforFour says

I just adore your milk painted armoire Anne! What a fabulous job you did painting and waxing it to turn it into Ooh-la-la!! I have a 13 year old son and I know exactly how you feel – where did the years go? I am so glad you linked up this project to It’s Party Time that I cohost with Cheri. I would love to feature you – would you mind adding the url of party post? Just shoot me an email and let me know so I can add you to next weeks Features! Thanks! Have a wonderful week!
    http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/its-party-time-11-18-2012_18.html Heather @ Setting for Four

6. frenchhensnest says

Wow what an undertaking and it turned out so beautiful! I love the way the wood shows through in places. Can’t wait to see the room reveal.
    We just found your blog at Twig Studios. The French Hens will be joining you. Hope you will visit us and consider joining. Making new friends is the best part of blogging. We will be adding your name to our favorite blogs list.
    Linda and Jeannie, the French Hens