Coffee Burlap Rocking Chair Reveal

Continuing to make changes in my living room.I had an antique rocking chair that did not fit in with my look.The wood was dark and the fabric was green like in 1970′s green.And I have some proof of this.Not only the fabric but a surprise I found as I was taking the fabric off.
Before I show you the beginning stages let me share with you the after.

I took a full shot of the living room so you could see the full impact of just one chair.What a change! I painted that rocking chair Annie Sloan old ochre.I reupholstered it using a burlap coffee bean sack found at farm and fleet store.They were 1.99 per sack.

Chalk paint was meant to be used to distress furniture.But I decided not to distress this chair.I have a few pieces already in this room that are distressed and I did not want to over do it in one room.

I really love the whole look and feel of this room now.It has 20ft ceiling and could easily feel very cold.But it feels so warm and cozy.
That French market basket is a new favorite of mine.I found it at Maria’s shop Dreamy Whites .I have used this at my farmers market.I love how great it looks even when you are not using it.I do like hanging it on one of my ladders.I love added lavender inside too!

Another change I made was to this chair.It was painted Annie Sloan Paris Grey.But I felt it did not fit in with this room.I added a coat of old ochre to this chair as well.

Are you ready to see what it looked like before?

Bye bye 1970′s.And look what I found as I was taking the fabric off.

Not sure why this was there.But look at what it says.Romper room do you remember that? I sure do I watched it when I was a child.So funny to find this!

And if you want to see the before photos of this room look HERE

I just used Marian’s~~Miss Mustard Seeds milk paint for the first time I will be sharing that soon!
Hope you all got out and voted today! I brought my daughter with me.Good for her to see the process!

Cedar Hill Ranch Cow girl up
Timewashed:Blissful Whites Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style
At the Picket Fence
The Better Half-Humble brag party
Miss Mustard Seed
Funky Junk
The Vintage Farmhouse
Liz Marie blog
DesignDreams by Anne
Embracing Change

Comments

1. Blondie's Journal says

The chair is wonderful, Anne! It really goes well with the style and neutral colors of your room. I’d love to try the chalk paint, I’ve been saying that forever! lol! I really love all the changes you are making, your living room is so relaxed and inviting!

XO,
    Jane

2. Kate says

Dear Anne
    What a beautiful transformation!!! I love how everything is just falling into place so perfectly. Love the neutral palette!

xoxo
    Kate

3. Vickie @ Ranger 911 says

Your chair looks very chic in your living room with its new burlap upholstery! The Romper Room cardboard is pretty funny. Maybe next time it’ll be a hidden treasure! You just never know what you’ll uncover.

4. Shabby chic Sandy says

Love the chair–you did a great job! Your room looks beautiful, All the neutrals are very relaxing. The lamp is so pretty. Is that a flower or something you put on it? I need to see a close up of that one :). Looking forward to seeing your milk paint project!

5. The Pink Geranium says

Came over from Blissful White Wednesday.. you really did a great job with the chair, I had to look at the new and old a few times…amazing, and great job in your lovely room. I am currently painting a desk with 1/3 ASCP Old White, and 2/3 ASCP Province, it is a lovely light turquoise blue now …hope to finish it tomorrow.

Jan @ The Pink Geranium

6. Gail says

You did a wonderful job your on your rocker Anne! I love the burlap coffee bean sack you reupholstered it with. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on MMS milk paint. Enjoy your day, Gail

7. Pat@Life At Lydias House says

Great job on the chair! And what about that Romper Room cardboard! Romper Room was my favorite show at one point in my life! I always wanted the teacher to call my name when she looked through that “magic mirror” at the end of the show!

8. Amy @MaisonDecor says

Oh it looks awesome! And yes I remember Romper Room with Miss Jeanne….I was always hoping she would see me in her magic mirror! She went to college with my mom~what a wonderful show she had.

9. BECKY says

Wow! The chair looks amazing! Love that you covered the spindles! That made all the difference! The room is simply lovely, and cozy looking. I know it makes you smile!

Thanks for sharing on BWW!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Becky

10. Junkchiccottage says

Hi Anne,
    Ok I started my flip flop of rooms after getting all the Christmas decor down. I came over to your living room for so inspiration. I love how you put the leather chair with your slipcovered couch. I am on the hunt for a nice leather chair that will go with my white slipcovered sectional when I do the flip flop. Then the hubby will have something other than white ruffles to watch TV in!!!! I get such great inspiration from your decor.

11. Stacey says

Very unique and cool! I love your living room too – very cozy!
    Thanks for linking up to the favorite furniture makeovers of 2012 party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

12. Marcia @Gathering at the Table says

I found it!! Yay. I was looking for it all morning and not once did it occur to me to type rocking chair in the search bar. hahaha Okay, that was before coffee. :)
    This is perfect. Our cushions are detached but what a perfect idea.
    Thank you for sharing, Anne.